Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dear Academia...

You regally suck! You're a high matinence ,needy and whiny bitch. I'm done with you!.....
so I assume we'll be meeting again at 5:15PM and you'll want a paper right?
-Bobby

My Professors' effort to make the workload light at the end of the semester resulted in everything being due after Thanksgiving, not a problem for a "normal" college student, but I'm not a "normal" college student. Combined late nights training and gathering resources have left me mentally and physically and mentally exhausted...not to mention a little thing known as a day job. I committed the eleventh deadly sin and rested on my vacation, hoping to crank out most of my work on Sunday, that got dampended when I drove my sister back to Newport and arrived home beat from the drive. So last night I was up until 2am Cranking out 60-75% of a 12 page paper due this afternoon, I'll most likely be up to that hour again tonight cranking out an 8 pager due yesterday... in essence Juan Valdez is going to be my homeboy until I can actually earn a goodnight's sleep which will most likely be around Christmas. I don't know why but I've just been exhausted and being behind on classwork hasn't made life easier, I haven't trained in almost a week, and nothing has really gotten done I just read a few books and formulated arguements I've got about 6-7 pages of pure BS written....I just feel overhelmed just like I have the rest of this year. I'm beat ,I'm exhausted, I'm handing in my resignation to life, if anyone needs me I'll be curled up in a recliner trying to get some REM sleep, for the next half an hour.
Coffee has been my substitute for sleep. It's so bad I can now tell the subtle differences between, Green Mountain Coffee,Maxwell House, Folgers', Cumberland Farms slect Blend, Dunkin Donuts Regular, and Starbucks dark roast. Red Bull now actually slows my heart rate, and my pillow is covered by a fine layer of dust even though I just took a 2 hour nap, or at least I think I did...

I think I can taste a hint of Maple Syrup in the Green Mountain Vermont Country Blend.
R.D.

No comments: