Saturday, October 24, 2009

Life is better under the umbrella anyway....

Well back to my never ending search for a more fullfilling line of work ING gave me my interview on Monday, but despite the drive out to Windsor I just wasn't what they were looking for. Nothing personal it was just business, granted I appreciate the interview but it's just frustrating when you don' recieve the intended result. But a few hours after I got hit with the Orange stress ball of rejectionI got a call from the Umbrella for my phone interview. Things went well and I pretty much answered every question honestly, with a sense of purpose that yes I really do want the job and will do whatever it takes to get it. I work retail so I'm used to putting in all kinds of crazy hours and dealing with people at their best and worst, I have an analytical brain, I work well with people, play nice with others, am willing to move to Timbuktu, Kalamazoo, with Harry Hu. The interviewer was impressed so Thursday I have to take and assement test to see just how well I know my shit, and then after I ace it I have my interview in Jersey and hopefully will land the job and will be putting down for a nice little condo in the area. I'm really confident that this will work out

If it doesn't I might just consider going in to the Coast Guard and becoming a rescue swimmer...sure the pay sucks, but guaranteed housing, grub, and student loan forgiveness, can't really go wrong....but it's a last resort.

On the training front I've been trying to take off some of the stress by swimming every night. My room is loaded with boxes as I will be moving in the next week, where, I don't really know yet. But box loads of crap really compromise trainer space. But on the swim front I did 15,300 yards for the week. I ran for the first time since the marathon on Wednesday by doing an 8 miler. and followed that up with some core work in the gym. Hopefully when things stabilize on the home front I'll be able to settle back into a regular routine. But until then I'll be getting in what ever I can when ever I can.

Hopefully becoming a Jersey Boy.
RD.

1 comment:

Charisa said...

Congrats on your marathon PR! Nice work on the interview too, even if you didn't get the job. Something will come together!