Saturday, September 22, 2007

Well This is it!

The countdown is over, the ring is swept and the mother of all battles in the hills is about to be played out. Tomorrow I tackle the Nutmeg State Sprint Half Iron: my Goal SURVIVE IT! Yes the bike course ( for those who missed my post on it ) is brutal. Today I watched as Bjoern left me in a cloud of dust and unsettled chip seal as we tackled that lovely little hill on Avegline Rd. We both agreed after our drive through that the main thing is just to finish. ( Granted Bjoern will probably pass me going down 341 leaving me to Play Chris Mc Cormack to his Normann Stadler. as he rides enroute to $500 worth of Cannondale Accessories ). But the hills aside most of the course proves to be just another day at the office. The swim I should have no problem with despite the semi-mass start. ( practice for taupo?) and the run is flat with only one portolet...( the wealthy landowners on Arrowhead dr. didn't want a blue portolet defacing their lawn..we'll see how they like a guy clad in spandex running up to their door, ringing the bell and interrupting their Sunday Brunch to ask to use the facilities x250.....chances are they'll have more portajohns next year.) The bike like I said is just another day at the perverbal office...I almost find myself quoting Kurt Russell from Big Trouble in Little China...constantly saying " oh great now what.." as some new fun springs forth on the bike. l I know is this if three mystical dudes with huge head gear show up it wouldn't surprise me in the least....Well I've got to cram in some sleep..there are hills and bitches to stomp in the AM.
R.D.

2 comments:

No Wetsuit Girl said...

You're probably leaving the starting line as I write this. I'm sending you speedy good luck vibes!

No Wetsuit Girl said...

...And?!...