Sunday, October 28, 2007

It's atumn in New England......which means I need to throw down for cold weather gear...

Yes that's right the cold weather along with soaking wet leaves and 8 pages of depressing Arab-Israeli and Iraqi Ntion building gone wrong nonsense has cut my plans of getting a long ride/run brick in. Yesterday I managed to eek out a 12 mile run in the pouring rain as Angry, and No wet suit girl engaged in epic battle in dresses. Also today Claire tackled the Marathon and it will be interesting to see her post tomorrow morning. Mr. Mortgage broker is supposedly coming up with the figures tomorrow and we should close on Tuesday...if not He's got a Louisville slugger with his kneecap's name on it becuase I'm broke as a joke and lending out the little I have to try to support the fam. So yesterday was me stress release zen run. tomorrow I'll finsh up my paper and lifeguard and start on my other downer paper, on Cholera and the social stigma this one little wait loss plan gone wrong creates. Now all my ranting aside I seriously need cold weather cycling gear. I went to get milk and eggs this morning and was shivering looking at my car's thermometer...it was 47 degrees at noon! So yes I need to get me a long sleeve quick Step Jersey and some Louis Garneau tights so I can ride when my papers aren't shackling me to my desk and the roads are not covered with rain slickened foilage. My Ironman traing and funding plans are not going according to plan at the moment but I am confident that my swim will be stellar as always and my run will bitch smack my time from the Country Music Marathon..It's just that damn bike that is the perverbal question mark. I've been tallying stats and and looking at run splits and bike splits and have determined that if I want to make Kona I NEED TO FLY! 10:39 was the slowest guy to make it from my age group last year...that means I need to at least top 5 to have a shot. Now I know I have a pure fire swim split and I should probably beat the elites out of the water...( Take that Cameron Brown) after that it's just survive the bike and run like Hell until I blow up and have to crawl or cross that finish line with my ticket to the big island punched. Maybe I'm just a little obsessed with this whole tri thing but seriously if I win this sucker outright I might just consider going pro. Now I doubt that I might be able to out ride or Run Cameron Brown, Luke Bell, or Macca if he shows up for an Early Season bitch stomping session, but beating the IM world champion out of the water would definately be an ego boost...and hey who knows weird shit happens when you least expect it.
R.D.

Also if you haven't do so or considered doing so please donate to the War on ALS, like I said even a dollar helps, and this disease is cruel.
DO IT FOR BLAZEMAN! DO IT FOR GEHRIG! DO IT FOR ALL THOSE SUFFERING NOW! and for anyone suffering from ALS or those that know someone suffering from ALS do not give up hope, because one day we will find a cure, and we will make this disease a thing of the past.
May God bless!
RD.

3 comments:

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Disclaimer: I'D ALREADY MADE THIS DECISION BEFORE READING YOUR POST.

So, you remember how I promised I would help you with your fund raising? I finally have a job again, so I can finally come through! The thing is, (since I know what it's like being poor) I also wanted to make a small donation or two to help ease the financial burden of getting to your race venue of choice. What's the best way to donate to the Get Bob to Kiwiland foundation?

Keep your chin up!

PS Get some winter gear, but rollers might be a better investment...

PPS If my contract gets renewed in February I'd be down for the CMM with you guys. But be prepared to be waiting for eons at the finish for me! Keep me posted.

Bob Almighty said...

Claire,
1 Thanks for the support tell wrrior women i am also greatful for her doantion to the war on ALS.
2. I haven't really come up with a high tech way to take individual donations to the send Bob-o to Taupo fund( or keep Bob from Fed-Ex ing hiself to Taupo with the bike in a nice insulated container-fund.) best way is to mail a check or send a check or money order made out to Rob Duguay to
Rob's New Zealand Fund
c/o Beverly Valenti
Webster Bank #255
710 Wolcott Rd.
Wolcott, CT 06716
or you could deliver it in person to me at the 30th annual fischang Chichetti Rd. Race 9am Sunday Nov. 18 at the Waterbury YMCA as Angry and I ( and Claire?) take on da Hood's fastest bi-peds. Killer raffle post race. (www.greaterwaterburyymca.org)

.

Jodi said...

I am such a wuss with cold weather. I pack it in and get on the trainer if it's under 50. Winter cycling gear is EXPENSIVE!!!

Jodi