Friday, November 9, 2007

I AM HARDCORE!!!!!!!

Ok I'll tone down the adrenaline a tad. Last night I decided to cram in a couple of campus loops at Central before my 7:00PM Computer Science course with Moscow's version of Bill Gates. as usual I was clad in long sleeves, beanie, gloves and shorts. ( wind pants are for wimps...or temps under 35 degrees.) Well according to my Subaru's handy dandy thermometer it was 40 degrees about 35 with wind chill, now most sane, smart, ...insert adjective here ...runners would pack it in and do laps of the indoor track, or hit the treadmill , but not me unless there's a solid sheet of ice on the ground I'm running on natural surfaces, or concrete, or asphalt, or vulcanized rubber....anyhow I did the first of my two 2 mile-ish loops around the fairly well lit campus. As I ran down the hill past the Orthodox Cemetery ( seriously is God trying to tell me to become Orthodox..granted I'm Catholic which is Orthodox light) and some moron took the turn to merge on to Route 9 to tight and flipped his Grand Cherokee on to its side, attracting a crowd of sympathetic collegiate by-standers....( you know the guys that are utterly wasted or going to get utterly wasted ..walking by going "dude, that guy flipped over.") As I ran past I tried to ask what happened but as I saw the driver climb out and start to talk with someone who had ran into the back of the jeep, I realized he was alright(at least physically), and my first aid skills would not be needed as I continued on my way. Other than the car flipping there was really nothing else of note from my run. the campus was fairly well lit ( so I was visible to traffic and anyone planning on mugging or " having their way" with me was in sight.) So I felt fairly safe. Once again physical exertion kept my legs warm against the biting cold. Serveral students watched amazed as I ran up "the Hill" with little effort. Also the looks of "Is this guy nuts?" epecially from the ladies, who were checking out my sexy defined calves and shit....well goto go the 5-o's in the office.
R.D.

No comments: