Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bob-o goes Carpetbagging : The Interview?

Well on Monday I managed to get back intouch with Richmond ( yep the position is in Richmond...so Bullet I guess it is in the kinda sorta South but not the Stonewall Jackson was my homeboy and I drive a vintage Orange Charger with a Rebel flag on the roof kinda South.) Anyway from what I could tell it went kind of well. My interviewer made a comment that they really like to do interviews in person but were unsure of how it would work with my distance from VA. I told him that I would be interested in coming down to do an interview essentially what ever it takes at this point. Especially when I found out the job details, the Angry one has been of great help and support through out this process, so a shout out your way brother.

Also my parents have started to come around granted in traditional parent fashion they want me to know exactly what I'm getting into, granted sometimes it feels like they want me to stay with the position I've held for the past 5 years, especially because I have the equivalence of Tenure and to get fired from my current job I would have to do something really stupid. Essentially they don't want me to move way down yonder to end up high and dry. So I can appreciate the apprehension.

On the training front I've been hitting the pool and upping the run mileage so hopefully I'll be tuned up and ready to go for the Hartford Marathon on Oct 10. Granted it will be a game time decision based on if I can get the oh so important day off from work as well as if I can get myself to a comfortable training level. If not then I can always save some coin and do some local short stuff, and try to prep for a mid winter marathon. But we'll see right now I'm just anxiously crossing my fingers, saying my prayers and wondering if I should start practicing Santeria , on this job thing because it's really sounding like it's right up my alley.

Brushing up on his Nascar Trivia
R.D.

1 comment:

Bullet said...

Glad to hear things are looking good for the job. And yes, Richmond is a bit more South than DC. The latitude isn't as important as the attitude. Just think, if you move to Richmond you might actually get to do a tri without the use of a wetsuit. Being good swimmer, you'd have quite the advantage.