Thursday, April 7, 2011

So much for training...

Well this week was supposed to be the start of hardcore training week and it started out well with a 13 mile run on Monday. My run went pretty well as I cruised down the REV3 half course in Middlebury. Granted I did take a wrong turn on Christian road and ran past the front of the Timex factory instead of behind it. I felt strong on the run and better than on some of my shorter runs as I brought my fuel belt with me so I was able to hydrate a little. But I have had no workouts since. Tuesday I came home and slept and just couldn't drag myself to the Y to swim. Yesterday I drove my mom out to Newport so my planned workouts for the afternoon were scrapped. I didn't get in until 1am, so an early morning workout was out of the question. I came home and passed out until 7:30 . While part of me believes my body may need rest and I should just write off tonight another part of me is thinking about setting up the trainer and hopping on for an hour to get my legs in shape for the Ironman. The down side is I don't have a DVD player in the basement so if the trainer does come out it's going to be a mental toughness ride for sure with no movies to dull the monotony. But most likely I'm just going to toss up today as another rest day and get in the pool tomorrow and Saturday and possibly break out the bike for a quick 20 miler on Saturday morning after the swim. I know I need to start training harder I'm not sure if I should get up earlier and try to get at least a quick run or swim in before work so that way I guaranteed at least one workout if I'm beat after work. All I know is I need to get workouts if i'm to have any chance to finish let alone qualify for Kona. RD I still haven't forked over much in the way of equipment as I'm adjusting to budgeting rent into the equation.

1 comment:

KC (my 140 point 6 mile journey) said...

So cool! You are doing IMLou, sweet! I'm with you on wanting to qualify for Kona. That's my goal for IMFL this year too. I keep studying the numbers and doing the math on paper to see where I need to be. Glad to see you back on the radar and I look forward to keeping up with your IM training. August will be here before you know it!