Wednesday, June 27, 2007

That Excited, Scared, lets kick this pig kind of feeling.

Last night I survived a 5 mile death march through New Britain in 95 degree heat and humidity. Sure it wasn't the smartest thing to do but hey I need the run trainning. Anyway I managed to get 3,000 yard swim in and I'm feeling like I could kick some serious ass, then again I always kick serious ass in the swim only to be passed by legions on the bike. Well anyway I plan on getting a morning swim in tomorrow and then a ride after work before having to sit through a 4 hour CPR re-cert. Part of me thinks I should taper more but I don't like to cut out on my trainning ( every swim coach I had since age 13 just let out a gasp of surprise). Anotehr thing is I now have this sick notion that I might be able to do a full ironman this year ( Great Floridian in October) I don't want to jump the gun so I'll see how I feel after Sunday. Also the fundage is also an issue. Maybe I should set up a web site I could call it www.fundmytris.com and give some crazy benefit like anyone who donates could sign my jersey or something. ( by the way the website does not exisist yet do not click on this crazy hyper link thing.) Since I'm on a rant I might as well get into politics and this whole stem cell thing ( afterall I support the war against ALS, MS, Alzheimers ( I love ya Mems), Cerbral Palsy, pretty much any disease that cause the brain or body or both to rot in a painfully cruel fashion). Seriously I don't support killing unborn fetuses but they recently came up with a way of getting stem cells from embilical ( I know I can't spell but I'm a history guy not pre-med....yet.) cords, or better yet why not clone healthy cells from the living person. Example, if a dude is dying of AIDS why not just take a blood sample and clone his white blood cells and T- cells. I mean it wouldn't destroy the virus but it could temporarily boost immunity, and maybe make the disease like Lyme ( can't kill the cause but treat the symptoms so that the victim can live a decent life). But like I stated I'm not pre-med I'm sure there are a billion reasons medically and ethically why this wouldn't work so before I end up with 60 comments on how much of an uneducated heartless prick I am just voicing frustration, that Bush is his infinite wisdom ( yes this is the same dude that said let's invade Iraq they'll love us. No offense to our people in uniform fighting overseas God bless you may you return home safe and even through I don't agree with the idiot politician who sent you thank you for serving our country.) decided to veto a piece of legislation that could have at the very least, opened up a new way to attempt to combat diseases that have plauged us for decades. But like I said I'm just a bleeding heart athlete/liberal with very little experience voicing his opinon on a blog. So to end this blog on a high note I would like to give a shout out once again to all our service members overseas because it is people like them who defend my rights to publish rants like these. God Bless and to the Guys in the Marine Corps Semper Fi.-R.D.

1 comment:

Angry Runner said...

GET OFF THE BIKE, GET OUT OF THE POOL, STOP RUNNING!!! TAPER BITCH(1) WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!

Seriously...rest for all of 3 days...its not like you're aerobic capacity is going to mysteriously disappear. Take it easy, grab a gal and go to a movie. Talk trash on my blog. Do something other than train for 3 days. You'll need the fresh legs.

Anyhoo- shit, i forgot what i was going to say.

IM in 07? Shit dude. I'll holla.