Monday, July 2, 2007

The Day After

Well aside from a little tightness in the legs I feel pretty good. (unlike the marathon in which I was limping for almost two weeks). I'll probably get in a pool workout and take the bike for aquick spin tommorrow. I read angry runner was debating doing an IM in08 and personally I think he should, It would give me some more motivation to move it on the bike. But all comments aside it's still hard for me to take in everything that happended yesterday. The finish was a blur except for my weak attempt at the log roll and the volunteers thinking I was having a seizure( man I should have played that up maybe some hot chick from the massage table would come over and attempt to give me mouth to mouth.) I only remember having one weakly emotional thought on the run as I turned in to the camp for the last 400 meters, that I was actually finishing a half-iron man. Taking a look at this year it's incredible. I've gone to just schlepping through life to going back to school ( after a year off), doing my usual light training sprint and Olympic Tris , masters meets and sprint road races, to doing marathons and half-ironmans. Seriously, If I get a Kona slot next year I'm going to be writing my will in 09 because I'm accomplishing some of the major life goals I've wanted too within the last two years, and it seems like it's all happening in quick succession, like I'm going to get smote with something terrible. But as it is life seems pretty good right now except for some crap at work, but then again there always crap at work, and a little edginess at home, but everything seems to be going well so far. Ok that was my emotional touchy-feeley post for the day. now it's time to get back to trainning, I've got a sprint tri to win next week.

No comments: