Friday, August 10, 2007

I must crush you.....


The famous words of Ivan Drago will be the sole mantra for my races this weekend. As the Angry Runner v.Bob-o bike split smack down contiunes I have yet another phrase from Rocky IV to describe tomorrow's epic battle at the lake. "If he dies...he dies.." Angry has already made it a ready fact that he is gunning for me on the bike, which might leave his "glycogen fueled Hot Fire" desperately needing fuel on the run, which begins as a 1.7 mile climb. All in all it should be interesting. This time around I will take my own advice on the swim and go wide and cut in to avoid the chop and possible course cutting that ran rampant at Niantic. Also I'm wearing my sexy new "wetzoot" which most of the field will probably need after today's weather foray back into the 50's. The bike is realatively flat and now since I have gotten better at this whole aero-tuck thing...I'm expecting to be Hot Fire. Today I managed to get in a 4 mile run in 34:09 my legs feel pretty good since I've been on an "unplanned taper" so tomorrow and Sunday I should be ready to haul ass. I will stick up a post/pre race report as I prepare for a long weekend of battle. A double header of sorts. Tomorrow I go for individual glory..Sunday it's about bringing home a team title for HEAT ( not to mention a little bling for myself.) So all in all here are my closing remarks:
Angry: Prepare to be smitten like you have never been smote!
Team Mossman: If you can't take the HEAT stay out of New Hartford! ( after saying this comment I will probably be passed by every guy from Team Mossman, to those on Team Mossman this is nothing against you personally I'm just trying to get my fellow HEATers fired up.)
CenTri: Bjoern I missed my exit last night so I'm sorry for missing the meeting please shoot me an email.
Claire : I'm bringing my spare wet suit incase hypothermia wins out over ego.
R.D.

1 comment:

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Spanks for the wetsuit offer. I think that all those days in the mid-90's will have more to say about the water temperature than yesterday's dive back into winter. At least that's what I'm hoping...

See you in... like 4 hours!