Friday, September 7, 2007

A half-hour of my life that I can not get back.

Yes, that's right I went up to Central for what was supposed to be a mandatory inservice and got stood up. Maybe it's because Iam the only person who doesn't use the crappy state issued email address we've been given, but I didn't even get a warning that this was cancelled. I was the only guard that showed up, and I stuck around for half and hour ( bs-ing with some chick (Kim)I met when I was on duty.) now normally sitting around for half an hour doesn't usually upset me ( afterall I do it for 6.5 hours at the bank and 3-4 hours at the pool and get paid for it.) But damn it this was valuable training time being eaten away. Pissed off as All hell I went to the weight room and cranked out a half hour of curls, leg press, extentions, over head presses, and other various crap in my bad ass Fordham swimming Tee and cargo shorts. ( before driving home and gorging on high fat, high sodium, high colesterol artery clogging finger foods ( it was movie night.)) Tomorrow I will punish my self for thoses mozzerella sticks, the pigs in a blanket and popcorn chicken. A 3000 yard pool workout, the second half of my little sis's football game ( she's a cheerleader) and then a quad killing painfull 50 mile hill climb in Washington is sounding in order. So all in all the rage of high fat snacking, inservices that I don't recieve cancelation notices for , and the fact that classes are eating into valuable ride time, will fuel me on my mission of fire. I cannot fail.
So until next time I remain the time strapped triathlete.
R.D.

2 comments:

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Oh man, I WISH I didn't know what that felt like!!! (... waiting around for 2 hours for the last class of the day only to ring the doorbell and hear, "Oh, Maria's not here, I don't know where she went, can you wait 10 minutes?"). Chalk it up as brownie points for later and move on... unless anger gets you going, then swim, swim away and bike like you've never biked before to get back at those jerks! 90% of the ironman challenge is the training, right?

Angry Runner said...

YA angry lifting woohoo!!!!

I'm the endurance athlete boss of the weight room.