Tuesday, September 4, 2007

School Daze......

Yep, that's right my ass is back in college at good ol' CCSU (Central Connecticut State University: ie UCONN's RedHaired step sister), where you start with a dream finish two semesters late. The day began with a 2000 yard pool workout at 6 am followed by work, then my plauges and people's class. And Yes discussing disease and its effects on society with Prof. Warren is fun especially over food....next class someone's bringing brownies....mmm...good... Computer Science was taught by a former programer who defected from Russia, really knows what he's doing ..but we the students don't ...It'll work out.... Discussed Beer Pong, Relationships, Make out sessions and global politics with Jean and Sarah, also the fact that I am completely insane signing up for an Ironman ( although they were both pretty impressed....are they girls that get it...Idon't know? Jean sort of does (ex-XC girl,) Sarah well she's ditched sports for tounge ring, a pack of camel lights, and beer pong glory....so I don't think she does.but she's still cute....) G-ma still in the hospital but the good news is it wasn't a stroke..( release sigh of relief...) but rather she was hypoxic ( layman's terms, years of cigarettes have taken their toll and her blood cells aren't getting enough O2 to her brain. So she can seem a little groggy , tired..un responsive.) Please if you are a smoker and you value your life please quit...ok that was my desperate appeal...but G-ma is starting to improve, no serious damage so once again ...big sigh of relief. My foot still torn up from Sat's "Zen Out " session . so I probably won't run tomorrow night...well maybe I will that's what blister block is for. Well training for IM NZ will be a little bit harder. Early morning swim/run /bike sessions are looking to be the order. My lifeguarding job won' t allow me much time in the pool or on the track after class, but if it's a slow night I could probably cram a couple hundred yards in. ( and hey the pay will help get my but on an air kiwi flight.) So all in all school and a study friendly training plan are starting to develop. Well I've got to get some sleep afterall it's a school night.
R.D.

No comments: