Saturday, October 6, 2007

12 miles....in 2 hours.....

well that's the the approximate distance I got off of gmap pedometer as the site was in the "shit the bed phase" when I tried to process my route. I got it in in about 2 hours ( just coasting under the barrier with a minute to spare.) so ten minute mile pace..part of me is now glad I might have to work Hartford Marathon Weekend. My knee is tight from Central's wonderful indoor concrete track..and now I'm left scrambling for the treadmill ( I'm glad my mom became a fitness nut.) as my training tool when those sub zero training days roll around so I'm not nursing a knee injury in the Ironman ( alla Country Music Marathon when two valuable weeks of training were lost because I was limping due to the track's unforgiving surface.and swimming does not prep your legs for the unforgiving nature of the beast...even the half doesn't do the full justice.) Last night I nearly fell off my bike trainer ( and no Jodi it was not When the Indians rallied. I was at my pool workout that I showed up for just in time and did not learn of my Yanks demise until I walked in the door.) due to the uneven nature of my living room floor. ( my idea of watch the game and ride was cut short.) There was a somber note to my run. 3 teens were killed on East St. Rt. 322 on Thursday morning ( driving home from breakfast after a water main closed the high school.) I normally run past where the crash occurred ( dodging speeding cars as they blow by the Farmingbury Country Club and East St. Eatery )and today I noticed the memorial of photos and flowers at the side of the road where the teens' car came to rest after a violent collision. The ironic thing was three houses down from the crash site a couple was celebrating the birth of their son...life and death on the same stretch of highway....it almost has that circle of life kind of vibe. The humidity and heat played a little bit of a factor ( I completely consumed 3 of the 4 eight ounce bottles of water on my fuel belt ) especially running up the hill on Todd rd. But car wrecks and humidity aside I managed to get my longest run since the half in and now must kick up the bike phase ( to take advantage of the good weather while it lasts.) So that's it in a nutshell nothing too new and exciting Leave some love or hate...or a donation to the War on ALS.
R.D.

1 comment:

No Wetsuit Girl said...

HAHA!!! Whose team sucks now?!