Friday, October 5, 2007

It's October and I'm a Yankee Fan ( which means I'm cussing out somebody and this year it's the Indians)

Well up until I walked in the door and found out my beloved New York Yankees lost ( again! seriously I'm wondering if they're going to become the 2000's version of the Red Sox and not win another playoff game let alone World Series until 2086...shudder.) I had a nice meditative baseball free post planned now the Cleveland Indians have wrecked that (oh by the way...you're welcome for getting Kenny Lofton back.) and the Angels seem to be proving that the Yankees are the only team they know how to beat..and the Red Sox well The Evil Empire is the only team that has their name and number and the tribe is making quick work of them. So if/ but most likely when the Yanks lose Sunday night I can expect Steinbrener to attempt to go on yet another spending spree to buy washed up big name talent..hopefully Brian Cashman will sit the boss down and tell him that it's not big name Talent that wins ball games and will have him bump up some minor leaugers with promise...and lop some dead weight off the roster...Giambi....Matsui ( sorry Godzilla we need results and not just against that team from Beantown) ....Mussina ( sorry moose but you just can't start anymore..unless it's against Wakefield.(which either means it will be a pitcher's duel or home run derby.) Indeed I found the perfect way for the Yanks to win on Sunday Bump the entire roster ( except for Milkey Cabrera, Joba Chamberlain, Hughes, and maybe Jeter and possibly Petitte) back down to the minor leagues and raise AAA Columbus, cause I guarantee you those guys will play with more heart than some of the overpaid slobs in the game right now. Alright that's my rant on my Yankees Playoff performance or lack thereof. The other thing that boggles me is all the curse breaking that's been going on seriously the Red Sox won in 04 ( their last was in 1918) The White Sox won in 05 ( their last was in 1917) The Tigers and the Cardinals played in 06 and the Cards won for the first time since 1982 which leads me to my bold yet most likely dead wrong prediction:


Cubs Vs. Indians anyone.



The Tribe hasn't won since 1948 and the Cubs ( who are in the same spot as the Yankees 1 game away from going home and cleaning out the lockers for the winter.) well they were cold when the Red Sox took them out in 1918 and they haven't been to the big dance since 1945 and they haven't won since 1908....so who's up for a good ol' curse bashing fest...



unless of course the stars realign and the Yankees resume their winning ways of old...in which case I would gladly welcome a re-match of the 1927 World series Cubs vs. Yankees ( I would love to see Cabrera give the middle finger to Cubs fans Babe Ruth style by "calling his shot" and sending a deep one to the bleachers. )...and of course being a Yankee fan I would welcome the same result...after all somebody's got to be cursed and it better not be them.

Yes that is a replica Lou Gehrig Jersey While I'm talking about baseball and my favorite team I might as well shamelessly plug for the war on ALS. Gehrig was a great player whose career and life were cut tragically short by the terrible disease and I ask ( even if you are an irate Cubs, Indians, Angels, ( shiver) Boston( double shiver) fan ) please click on the link and donate to the War on ALS. Anything given to the cause, even if it just a buck...will help to find a cure or at the very least treatment.

Ok that's enough baseball/fundraising/ranting/ pissing off Red Sox, Cubs and Indians fans for me.

R.D.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

It's tribe time now....

;-)

GO INDIANS!

Jodi