Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Humble pie.....I cursed the Yankees.

Well my beloved New York Yankees are out of the playoffs ( cusses to self as he hears dead Red Sox fan uncles laughing and giving each other high fives from across the rift.) Which now leaves me more time to train and study. I believe that their playoff failure this year was not due ( as Steinbrenner seems to think) to Joe Torre's incompetence ( come on under his leadership the team cut a 7 game defecit to win the Wild Card and nearly snatched the divison from the Sox who once lead by 14 games), Player Cold streaks ( Jeter, Mr. Clutch was cold, Abreu cold, Wang, looked more like sum ting Wong....although Peittite, Rivera, A-Rod?, Damon and Caberra proved to be clutch and worth the money spent, they could not carry the team. ) No my fellow Yankee Fans ( or smart Alec Sox fans or Indians Fans reading and preparing to rub salt in the wound.) The Yankees loss was due to my cocky Remark...." And the Red Sox still suck " made to one neoprene free Sox fan when it seemed they were on the verge to losing the division to the then Red Hot Yanks. So Joe Torre if you can read this as you empty your desk, please forgive me.
R.D.

No comments: