Friday, October 12, 2007

Run on Angry Runner!


Yes tomorrow is the United Technologies Greater Hartford Marathon/Half Marathon and Huck Finn 5k. Unfortunately this endurance minded blogger has been chained to a desk and will have to miss the Angry Runner's Rendezvous with Half Marathon Greatness as he races all 13.1 miles in the Purple livery of the Leukemia Lymphoma Society's Team in Training, after raising well over $1500 to help bitch stomp the diseases. All I can say Sir Angry is stomp that bitch, stomp it for those suffering, for those that believe in you, and for one cantankerous bank teller who will be handing out envelopes of cash and saying "Thank You ( especially for cussing me out you psycho) Have a Great Day!" as you march on toward destiny...also for any other blogger preparing to Bitch Stomp Hartford. or Central students preparing to do battle in Stanley Park .....I will paraphrase ACDC ......" For those about to Run I salute you!"

R.D.

5 comments:

Angry Runner said...

WOOHOO you would have liked that course. I thank you for the kind words, and we'll see about a head to head Eagleman.

Saw a bunch of smooth-legged UCONN gals, not so many central. HEAT was well represented.

No Wetsuit Girl said...

In response to your comments: I don't think that you're the "'you can't do it ' bastard", I just took a little bit of poetic license and added some color to your comment to make it more exciting and make it work towards my desired end. I appreciate your input, and it will make me grit my teeth and keep going when the going gets tough. You can't ask for better inspiration than that! And you have every right to laugh in my face if I blow up at mile 14. :)

In the immortal words of Prodigy, "People like you just fuel my fire". Thanks for being Norman to my Macca.

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Or maybe a better analogy would be, thanks for being Peter Reid to my Norman.

Angry Runner said...

Mark Allen?

No Wetsuit Girl said...

I can't believe it, Macca won and you're not giving us a Kona rundown? Is everything okay?