Wednesday, January 2, 2008

My swim coach is going to kick my ass.

Yep that's right Stef Karas has decided to see how fast this long distance glutten for suffering can crank it. Friday night I have my Hour swim.

The Goal: over 4000 yards. If I can't get that in it might be a long ..er day in Taupo.
Goal yardage: haven't set that yet.
What I plan to do afterward: I would set up my bike trainer on the pool deck but the guards might frown on that. So the hot tub is looking good.

Tonight was pretty good a 4500 yard workout. main set 500 on 7:00 1000 on 14:30 500 on 7:00. I managed to pull a 6:38 on my first 500 a 13:30 on the 1000 and I have no clue what I did on my second 500 I know it was under 7 min. if that counts.
I also got on one of those Expresso road race simulator bikes....I will say this no where close to the real deal... although I did manage to climb a 34% grade....at 9 mph. And did a 40min time split for an 11 mile mostly up hill course. Also got in some time with the weights...man I feel weak I could barely lat pull 50lbs. After the the Ironman its time for some serious strength training. All and all nothing new in da hood. Tomorrow's weather is supposed to suck, don't know if I'll run outdoors, the spinervals and charmichael training tapes look tempting. Anyway I need sleep long day at the office.

Oh on the side note last semester's grades are in. I got straight A's and made it back on dean's list...Wahoo!

The Flattener of the Fast Lane
R.D.

3 comments:

rocketpants said...

Woohoo on making the dean's list. Congrats.

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

Flattener!
Nice numbers all the way 'round. Someday I'll appreciate them even more, 'cause I'll know from my own experience.
Good luck on that hour on Friday, too.

Speed Racer said...

Yay straight A's!!! Congratulations! I'm so glad all that missed training was worth it. A 1000 in under 14 minutes?! I could do that... with fins on. You're an animal.