Thursday, June 11, 2009

And so another pair of running shoes bites the dust....

" Without you I'd be lost...well no actually I'd make a new clone, but there would be a 10 minute period where I'd be completely inconsolable" - Dr. Evil.

Well my New balance 768's that I bought last September have finally shifted off this mortal coil. As I ran in them last night I could feel a slight jarring in my heel and ankle and I knew that the Coushining had given up the ghost. That my 8 miler last night was their last hurrah. So today, payday, while I should use some of this money toward other things...I will be spending roughly $80 at either Sports Authority or Dicks getting myself a pair of NB 749's. I figure $80 now is better than $280 to the Ortho and 4 weeks of no running later. I'm debating on how to best dispose of my 768's...should I do what I traditionally do toss them in the grabage can. Or should I give them a more honorable disposal... cremate them, then scatter their ashes on my 13 mile loop. There were comfortable, supportive, and will be sorely missed.
Requiese in Pace

R.D.

2 comments:

Anniversary Moments said...

bronze them and use as a frame base for all your race numbers ;)

i too feel sadness when my favorite pieces of gear that have served me well have seen their last miles.

Charisa said...

New shoes are fun! I hate it when the ones you love quit working though. You're smart to update them before you get injured!