Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I have joined forces with HEAT.

Yep that's right this solo assassin has formally sent in his $25 big ones and joined the Hartford Extended Area Triathletes (HEAT). Was it the pimp uniforms? Was it the strategic racks at Waramaug? Was it the not so subtle hints from Pat, Ken, Cristano, and others? I'd have to say it was a combo of all 3. But anyhoo I am now a member of this illustrious organization and its time to stict to Team Mossman North End style.

Waramaug Update: My boss is making it clear that I will most likely end up working Aug. 11. So now I'm trying to compromise with him (ie see if he'll let me into work @9:00am I figure I should be off course at the latest 8:10am and it takes 45 min. to an hour toget to Wolcott) and become eligible for the Gretta Garbo Award (no media publicity after the race), Clark Kent Award ( Go from tri suit to shirt in tie in under five min.), The Race and Run award (not bothering with the pre race just going from the finish line to the showers or the lake then quickly changing in the car to haul out to Wolcott), The Bat out of Hell Award ( for the quickest car ride down 202, 118, 254, and route 8 in order to be at my desk taking deposits and withdrwals as soon as the doors open.) and the Intersting foot wear award ( showing up with my racing flats on to get back at "the man". )
If this happens the Angry Runner will be responsible for picking up any bling I might earn. ( don't try stealing that gift card to the Hopkins Inn, I check brightroom.)
Either that or I'll just end up eatting my race fees and show up at my desk at 8:30 muddle through 4 hours of work and call Angry to find out how the race went and seethe with anger to unleash at Park City or the Litchfield Hills Olympic ( which If I have to sacrifice Waramaug I will do out of frustration, and the fact that let's face it I'm a fire breathing competitor.) .

Ok so now that my frustration of not getting any clear answer from my boss is out of the way. I managed to get in about 11 miles running ( I still have Niantic next week), watched Le Tour and saw Discovery get back vestiges of their former glory. ( Alberto Contidor is my hero, Levi is America's only hope, and Poppo is just plain nasty) and some kid (Solar ) from that South African team lay waste to the field, and Michael Rasmussen held onto his yellow jersey. Seriously he could be a Wizard of Oz-esque character ( he could have his own theme song " If I could only ride a good time-trial").
Well that's all for tonight happy blogging.
R.D.

2 comments:

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Sounds like you have your work cut out for you, but I sincerely hope you get all the awards you listed, and maybe a trophy from the triathlon itself too.

And if your boss is a dick... well... don't you feel a bit of food poisoning coming on?

Bob Almighty said...

Yes as much as I would like to call in my cell phone's been shut off and besides that I don't think he would buy it If I call in and he hears people shouting "go come on just 100 more meters" or "come on girl kick his ass" in the backround. It has crossed my mind on several occassions...