Monday, July 16, 2007

It's Monday

That's right today July 16 was Monday, that lovely day that marks my return to the real world (work). Today was spent aking care of customers (most of whom were quite pleasant.), drooling over a QR ultrafill wetsuit that with the right finagling can be mine, and desperately pleading with my boss to get Aug. 11 off so I can lay waste.....umm....enjoy "friendly" competion in Washington, CT . ( he gave me a "we'll see" Translation: "Damn it Rob I need you to work on Saturdays can't you just put this tri shit on hold." I can't really bitch he's been understanding so far.) After going up to CCSU (Central Connecticut State University (the Harvard of Centrally Located State Universities in Connecticut)) and getting the paperwork necessary for additional Financial aid ( yes I commute and my tutition is mostly taken care of by my current package ( all but $1.5k roughly $400 for this semester and $1.1k for next.), I do need money for books, new tires, some summer classes for next year, and I'll be honest perchance a tri bike. (hey it's an educational expense it will help me gain a better understanding of the geography of the state, or it will pay off the credit card that I used buying my educational tools so I can buy said tri bike)). It will be a loan so before I get 50 pissed off emails saying I'm abusing the system a vast majority of this money will be re-embursing me for cash spent out of pocket on books, and will be saved for the summer course, and when I graduate in 3 semesters I will pay this all back, and hopefully when I establish myself I will set up the Robert Edward (last name kept confidential) III charitable trust for student triathletes, In which I will award grants to student s who participate in triathlon and show skill not only on course but also in the class room. Ok that's covered. Now back to the day at hand. I managed to get an easy 7 mile run in ( @ about 8:45 mile pace). Followed by a difficult 3000 yd. swim (main set 10x 100's on 1:20(I made all but 2)). All in all it was a pretty good day , except for uncertainity about my race on the 11th and a slight pain in my hip from where I bashed it against a file cabinet earlier. okay and now for what every one's waiting for bike Pjorn:
my current ride: http://www.marinbikes.com/bicycles_2004/html/spec_04_portofino.html
note this is without my aero bars and clipless pedals

My dream ride:
http://www.giantbicycles.com/en-US/bikes/road/4/11462/zoom/
http://www.giantbicycles.com/en-US/bikes/road/4/11462/

What I'll probably buy next season:
http://www.giantbicycles.com/en-US/bikes/road/4/11464/zoom/
http://www.giantbicycles.com/en-US/bikes/road/4/11464/

more pictures of my pimped out Marin will be posted on the blog.

1 comment:

Angry Runner said...

that dream bike is one sexy beast. You should steal it.