Sunday, July 15, 2007

Will Work for Entry Fee into Eagleman!

August 1, is rapidly approaching and at 10am I will find myself trying to enter in between customers and my manger's dirty looks. Yes I am doing Eagleman 70.3, my goals are simple:
1)the most important: Finish the damn thing!
2)be there first hand to witness the Dr. Jodi vs. Angry Runner duel. Jodi is the long distance goddess, and the Angry Runner well... he's angry and he doesn't like to get beat. It should be entertaining.
3) 3 words: KONA OR BUST! that's right this race is take no prisoners I want a Kona slot and when the cannon goes off to enter the water I'm attacking the swim like a blood thirsty savage, the bike is getting attacked, the run is going to be go hard or go home. I'm either leaving with a Kona slot or they're going to be burying my cold dead ass. I'm probably taking a week off for this one because there is no way I'm going to be able to drive home the night of.
Now comes the problem of funding it. Well I work at a bank.....hmm 5 to 10, kona glory....5 to 10 ....kona glory......no I'm not going to rob the bank tempting as it is. (IM entry fees, BMC TT1 Time machine, BMW M3 with bike rack, training bungelow in Hawaii ( at least the downpayment). ) Well my student loan can take a partial payment this paycheck I can give the rest on the next one ( as I get paid by- weekly ) man I love how I problem solve in blogs. Anyway, anyone out there work for companies that sponsors crazy endurance athletes? Leave a post.
R.D.

No comments: