Sunday, July 15, 2007

And on the seventh day Bob rested...

after a week that involved two sprint tris, several hours on the bike and on the road, and more laps in a pool than I dare attempt to count, I have decided to take a well deserved rest day. Yesterday I cut my pool work out to about 4000yds. not great but better than my normal average work out which was hovering around 2500 to 3500 yds. I cut the bike short to only about 45 miles after doing one loop of the Griskus Olympic Tri course, which can best be compared to CT's Alpe du Heuz. The nine miles of climbing took its toll as I muscled up CT-132 in the middle ring watching cyclist from the top of the hill take the much easier route down. After a descent down Route 61 which I took way too slow ( I kept seeing all these road work ahead signs, and instead of taking the risk that I would turn a corner going 40 and hit grooved pavement and crash like Stuart O' Grady in this morning's stage of the tour, I kept my speed down to a reasonable 20-25. When I saw that the work was being done on the side roads I was pissed. DAMN YOU CT DOT! YOU COST ME 20MPH ON A WELL EARNED DESCENT!) After completing the 24.5 mile loop I began to do loops of the less difficult sprint course (for which my battered legs were thankful) which was only 10 miles around. After about 2 loops my 32oz. Water bottle was dry, my 20 oz. of Powerade was history and I decided it was way too hot to continue without either. So I threw my bike back in the car. I showered went to Mass (a Catholic Religious service not the New England State. Shout out to No Wet Suit Girl.) Then proceed to chill with my homies afterward. When I got home an collasped watching the replay of yesterday's tour stage I decided to take today off. My legs need the rest, I go back to work tomorrow, and now have to go through the daily grind of Work, cram in time to fit in a work out, do the other shit I've got to do, and number crunch how to finagle my finances to enter the 2008 Eagleman 70.3 and buy a fuel belt, more body glide and a new wetsuit ( once again shout out to no wet suit girl.) Seriously the rest of the day will be devoted to tabulating all my race results past and putting them into my USAT profile and sending out resumes to potential sponsors. I figure even if I just get partial sponsor ship (discounts) I'll be able to upgrade my tri weaponry for my sprint, olympic, half-iron, full-iron, and perchance Kona gloriousness next year. The debate to join HEAT (Hartford Extended Area Triathletes) also weighs heavily on my mind. I am a co founder of CCSU's Tri squad and I do not know what kind of conflict of interest this will cause. Well enough for now. Keep doing the vodoo that you do. Leave some love, or hate, or whatever you feel like writing.
R.D.

No comments: