Wednesday, August 29, 2007

More training , Cervelo is evil smack talk and CenTri madness...

Well Monday was my lazy day. After a long day at the office, the bike shop ( getting the Bitch Stomper taken care of after it's ass-kicking, bitch stomping, hot fire debut) I went for an easy 1250 yard swim. Yesterday was a little more of a return to normalcy as 4 mile run and a 3500 yd pool workout, got me feeling a little more like the hot fire stud I am ( whoa shit I'm sounding conceited). Today a 20 miler is on tap with a run or a pool workout being debated. Bjoern emailed me last night saying he needs my John Hancock to get more funding for the club...only problem he's in New York until Tues. and when he wants me to meet him on Tuesday I will be in the middle of cashing checks for the lunch rush. ( sometimes I miss having the life of a "normal" college student..no wait.. I actually have some money....scrap that last thought...) Sometimes I wonder why I got involved with my school tri club...( because you want CCSU to kick UCONN's ass at something..like collegiate Nats...also increase the pool of future HEATsters....damn it ken get out of my head...chicks cycling in bathing suits...ok I can think of the reasons I signed up happy now.) So now we will be involved in this whole awkward club officer mailing triangle in which he'll overnight me the forms, I'll have Jane ( our cute little VP) pick them up from me to have our advisor sign so they can be turned in....man getting an extra $5k is a hassle.

Also I will take this moment to reveal a true enemy of diversity and freedom in the Triathlon world..a dreaded, evil, marketing giant that is trying to get the tri world dominated by "the man" and evil corporation so diabolical so evil, so sickeningly despicable it can only be known by one name.....

that's right Cervelo is fast becoming the enemy of triathletes looking to express themselves. Each year more and more or these two wheeled Nazi bikes show up in Kona and on the local circuts. What can be done to avoid the eventual tri world domination that the sick corporate types at Cervelo are planning.. boycott the beasts. Stay true to bikes that are catered to your individual style. Break out a felt, a krestel, a guru, a litespeed, or someother obsure brand. Go throw down on an Elite , a scott, a giant or a Kuota. But if your going to sell out go with a tri specific company like Qroo. Or companies that have had kick ass time trial performances in Le tour like Trek ( shout out to Lance, Geroge, Levi, y Contador!), Giant, Bianchi (Jan Ulrich), BMC ( the tetosterone brothers Floyd Landis and Alexandre Vinnokourov) or throw down on good old American bikes like Specialized ( made in Tawain) or Cannondale ( built by the best illegal craftsmen in Bethel CT) Ok now that I have caused a few laughs, a few cuss outs and now have a pack of Cervelo riders planning on how to take my ass out at the Nutmeg State Half Iron I'm going to get in my training ride before a pack of angry P2 carbons decide to chase me through Woodbury.
R.D.

3 comments:

Maniac Musician said...

the "hot fire stud" you are? pshhht. i think you're training too much and it's getting to your head.. jusst kidding =) except not really...

Angry Runner said...

CERVELO SUCKS!!!

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Jeezy Creezy! So much anger out there in the blogosphere about people who are always being passed by cervelos... almost makes me want one to see what all the fuss is about.

I feel your pain on tri clubs!