Monday, August 27, 2007

Realizations....

Well yesterday was the Park City Mossman, the last true race for the 2007 season. I know I have the Half Iron coming up, Hammerfest is being debated...Relay team HEATster is being assembled for Madison, and Anthony is trying to coerce me into a trail run in November. Angry wants me to continue the Bitch Stomp Fest on the 5k circuit. I've got the
Hartford Half Marathon on the back burner ( I did one 26.2 miler this year and if I do another it will cut into valuable New Zealand Training time.) Somewhere in there I will have to juggle in classes, crap at home and the bank, training, long rides in what the farmer's almanac is calling the New England Ice age ( yet other guys are predicting it to be a warmer winter...I guess it will be typical New England 70's one week below zero for the next month, and about normal for two weeks after that.), Master's meets, lifeguarding, Christmas, ...let's just say the carefree training and racing days are officially at an end. Now I must race deadlines, the weather, and darkness. The racing season has ended and the juggling season has begun.

1 comment:

Angry Runner said...

"Racing is training"...if you want to live by that one. Call it "speedwork". Honestly, deck entry everything. Decide the night before if you want to compete. That way you're not tied down to a "race" schedule.

Oh yea, don't let the mofos peer pressure you into shit. I got burnt out and I only put in half the training/racing time you do. Take care of yourself first, and then appease the masses.