Friday, February 8, 2008

Snooze buttons should be banned....

Last night When I collasped into bed I did so witht he intention of getting up and running at 5:30AM, as usual 5:30 turned to 6...etc So when I got up a 7AM I woke up to a layer of the white stuff and a lovely ice coated under surface, ( my mom agreed to take my sister in after I dicscovered the roads in my part of town sucked and there was no way I would be back in time to get to work @ 8:30.) so I showered and began to walk to work...which is only a mile from the home stead....after 3/4 of a mile I was picked up by my mom and proceeded to get my car......( apparently the town plowed and salted when I was in the shower.....) Needless to say I felt like a complete tool this morning. Tonight if the roads remain good I will go to Masters and have my ass kicked into shape by the lovely Miss Stefanie( yes Angry has Trainer, I have Stef to fufill my Masochistic desires.) Tomorrow I have a ride planned, some forecasters are talking snow, others rain, others the end of the world....so I'll play that by ear, All I know is I need to run one final twenty miler and get a few more miles in the saddle....I'm afraid that my one 75 miler just won't cut it. Next week begins taper, if my lack of long runs and one to two rides aweek doesn't already count. So this weekend will be a reign of unholy distance, next week I confine my self to quality not quanity, no runs over 10 miles, and 1 to two hour trainner sessions, the swims will cut down to 3500 to 4000 yards. So the taper is insight after two more really long days in the saddle.

The Road warrior.
R.D.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So the real question is, have you shaved yet?

By the way, I haven't used an alarm in years. Well, except for those uber early pre-race mornings.

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

While sitting on my ass and reading your posts and prose and pre-Taupo discussions... I got light-headed. I'm not even in the frickin' race/event, and I'M nervous. I can't wait 'til it's all over, 'cause just reading about it is scary enough. Not that you have anything to worry about, just turn it into an adventure/vacation/break from winter too, and you'll be in Kona before you know it. And you're going to have a great time (multiple meanings, there). Snooze buttons will be a thing of the past.

Go 114!