Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Freeze/Thaw your Beans 50 miler.

Where: Mitchell School, Woodbury CT
When: Saturday March 22,2008 1:30PM
The route: Going up CT 47/ 109 to Lake Waramaug, followed by 2 to 3 loops of the Lake then heading back to Woodbury Aprox. 48 miles to 56 miles.
What to bring: Climbing legs, gu, Sports drink, water, your own tools and spare parts, ( Sadly I don't own a SAG wagon.) Tights and gloves maybe required ( High Temp forecasted as being 45F)
Rain plan: Wear a rain coat. If it's really bad then we'll drive to the lake or substitute with a 7-13 mi run.
Directions: leave a comment or email me @ BobbyDoogs@hotmail.com

The only thing is I need to finish this ride before 5:30PM because I have to serve Mass at 8:00PM in Waterbury ( I'm a Eucharistic minister and I need to be at St. Anne's at 7PM to get ready for the Vigil all are welcome to attend.) Also as with any training ride with me I am not liable if you do something crazy and get hurt, If you try to sue me this was a loosely organized training ride, ie RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK besides all I own are 2 bikes and a computer, so you won't get much. (ok Covered my Arse.)

Hope to see some people out there.
R.D.

2 comments:

Speed Racer said...

Ok, I'm there. Will there be a loop with not too many turns that I can do afterwards to get my 13.1 miles in?

rocketpants said...

I hope the weather cooperates for ya! Brrr 45...but sounds like it is a 'warm spell' out there.