Saturday, July 5, 2008

The bar has been raised again.

In the Bob/Bjoern battle to break the magical 4 hour mark the bar has once again been lowered. I did a 5:03 at the Second Annual Patriot Triathlon ( 1.2 mile swim 58 mile bike ( no that is not a misprint it is a longer than half iron race but not by much.) and 13.1 mile run. ) The run was a little slower than normal ( a 1:48 instead of my normal 1:45 ) because I tried to haul on the bike since I went in the elite wave. I did own the swim and can officially saw that I lead the race for about 25 yards. In other news it was a good day for Speedy Claire as she won her age group. But I'll have a full race report coming soon.

Oh yes John people are afraid to ride behind you wen you are talking to yourself and punching yourself in the head.

Chillin' in Beantown then rolling back to the C to the O double N
RD

Edit #1: Ok I accidently hit the wrong key I meant to put up "break 5 hours" but the 4 slipped out...maybe someday..if I'm on roids.

Edit # 2 Upon checking Cool Running I seem to have posted the fastest swim time of the day ( although there was some interference with the chip mats so some times weren't recorded) of 27:58 my bike split of 2:45.16 was good enough for 46th quick and my run a painful 1:47.03 was 74th quick for the day when all was said and done I was the 10th guy across the line and after the adjustments for the stagger start my time held up for 37th overall.

3 comments:

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

Nice job. REALLY nice job. I would've been the bookend at the very end of the swim, but coulda, shoulda, woulda...

And thanks for posting (no results posted anywhere that I can find), and mentioning that SR had a good day, too.

Congratulations, again...

Speed Racer said...

Congratulations again, Bobby, on your first race as an elite. I didn't realize that you were shooting for 4 hours! Now that REALLY would have been something!

Bob Almighty said...

Cranky: Thanks for your comments it good to hear from you and I hope all is well.

Claire:I'm going to need the phone number for a guy with really cheap EPO to break 4 hours..although if the course is flat, with a tail wind, and I train with Kenyan Marathoners.....