Saturday, September 20, 2008

Nutmegman: The night before

Well in about 9 hours I'll be starting the swim leg to my first race in months. I'm currently going through the motions of finding my wetsuit, making sure my towels are clean, got everything I need. The kind of excitement in tedium I only get when I 'm racing. The field is smaller than I expected granted after last year's horror stories, some potential customers might be waiting to see how this year turns out. The course is a little hillier than descriptions would lead but if everyone uses common sense it should be a good day. So I'll continue to dig out my crap pack and repack, and use the sweet soothing sound of Disturbed to get me ready for my experiences tomorrow, after all I need to lead out of the swim for good measure.

Getting down with the sickness
R.D.

2 comments:

Bjorn Boyer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
iron-boyer said...

good luck...have fun.
I wish I could be there too.