Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back to reality.....next week.....

Well after talking to one of my class mates I foundout that my semester doesn't begin until next week....Boo-yah! Man and I was all ready to haul up to New Britian today for nothing....well that gives me some time to get shit in order and hopefully some training miles under my belt. Tomorrow I meet with my Ortho...I fully expect to be told the following, "get a massage, take anti-inflamatories, strengthen your "chain" especially hip and lower back, don't run for a week and I mean it, ice, and maybe get some new running shoes." Cycling is non impact so hopefully I'll be able to ride on the first weekend in a month where snow is not in the forecast... a freeze your beans 60 miler sounds a lot like ..well victory.... besides if I can work the bike then I can "slack off" a little on the marathon ( so a 3:40 instead of a 3:25) and have a realtively large coushion...it worked for Normann Stadler... or maybe this little issue is the rest I sort of need from 15 straight months of pounding my legs in to merciless submission, hey I was having similar issues before Hartford and PRed...if I pull a Boston Qualifier out of my ass down there I'll probably be hearing a loud " What the Fuck!" from one Cranky Runner from NYC.

Today pool work, stretching, some weights, probably nothing on the lower body except some lunges to stretch my "band".

Well that's it from here...hopefully I'll be back on the road in no time. Until then

Just keep swimming just keep swimming....
R.D.

3 comments:

Angry Runner said...

Who is your ortho?

Unknown said...

Dreams are fun, but Ironmans are not accepted Boston Qualifying races. You would have to appeal to the BAA to have an ironman time work as a BQ, but it has been done.

I hope your ankle feels better, and that your ortho doesn't give you some stupid advice like "stop running for 6 months". If s/he does, then get a second opinion!

Bob Almighty said...

Angry: Dr. Kennon out of Middlebury.

Claire: If he tells me something like that I'm reanalyzing myself in a week and then going the Ironman AMA approach....