Wednesday, July 25, 2007

30 mile drive to do a 20 mile time trial.

Yes I did from the title of my blog you are probably saying to yourself this guy is nuts. Who would waste expensive gas to take their bike out. Sadly I am such a man. this evening after learning yet another tour team ( Cofidis and possibly Rabobank) and favorite( Mike Rasmussen while in the yellow jersey no less) had been eliminated ( Seriously no one's going to want to win a stage now. for the last 3 days whoever's won has been found guilty of doping.if things keep going at this rate Soler will find himself in a yellow Jersey), I decided to haul the 30 miles out to Washington CT to ride around scenic ( and traffic free ) Lake Waramaug. After an hour drive I hopped on the bike and embarked on what would be a 45 min. 16 mile time trial. I was in the aerobars for most of it and averaged a killer 21mph, making me feel confident that I can contend for an overall win on Aug 11, which if all goes according to plan, ( which my boss gave me some positive feedback but not a definiative yes for me getting the day off.) I also managed to eek out a 3.5-4 mile run in the dark (training for IM FLA 09 want to be used to running at night just in case I bonk). In the last mile I ended up racing a deer ( which was pracing in a near by farmer's field ) and ended up losing to the quadraped. When I got home I decided to celebrate my good work out with a glass of HEED followed by an ice cold Budwiser. unfortately since I did not intake as many fluids as I should have the Budwiser has made me a little lightheaded and as a result this blog might turn into my buzzed out ramblings, so for the mis-spelled words or sentances that don't make sense I blame it all on the beer (Just like Floyd Landis) .

2 comments:

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Bambi hadn't done a 16 mile TT, remember. Bambi had 4 fresh legs and you only had 2 tired ones. Bambi's a pussy.

To win on August 11th you'll have to come through ME first!!! (That's an empty threat, since you'll kick my ass anyway).

Really suck up to the boss and practice your puppy eyes.

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

'Losing to a quadraped' can be such a drag. And running in the dark is not always a lot of fun, but you do what you have to for the sake of IM '09 world domination.

Good ending to the story, though! Shows creativity.