Thursday, July 26, 2007

The leader and winner of today's stage haven't been kicked out...yet.

Alright for those of you following the Tour de france you may have noticed a tweeney weenie doiping problem is going on...( replace teenie- winnie doping problem with Astana led drug orgy) In the last three days two 9 person teams and 3 individual cyclists have been kicked out ( granted the teams left after they each had one dude booted) The biggest one of these was Michael Rassmussen ( who really didn't dope ( that we know so far) but lied about his where abouts when he missed a drug test...I was in Mexico on vacation...I mean in Italy training..I mean in Spain buying EPO and Testosterone...I mean in California downing whiskey with Landis.) ( I'm still keeping the photo caption getting intouch with my inner Rasmussen because I lied and told him I was a financial conference in Watertown) Anyway I'm seeing how long it will be before Contador gets booted for doping ( let's face it Discovery is Lance's old team and George Hincappie can only pee so much to help everyone else pass. Think Spin City and When Michael J Fox had taken the indian drugs and had some other dude waiting in the stall to do the urnie sample.That's how Lance did it. And that's the reason he was always patting Hincappie on the shoulder. I get it now.) Okay enough with my cynicism on the tour I'll save that for future blogs ( especially where I rip Landis a new one for taking Cortisone ( it's a steroid you idiot did you honestly think it wasn't going to boost your testosterone) I think he desereves to lose the yellow jersey but he was in pain, so I think they should skip the two year ban. It was an idiot mistake meant to heal pain, by him and a less than ethical team doctor )

3 comments:

No Wetsuit Girl said...

I think Landis had a special permit for taking cortisone, so anything on a test that could have been a biproduct of that he would have been cleared for and his publicist wouldn't be blackmailing Greg Lemond. He had to have been REALLY stupid to get caught if he was already cleared for steroids.

I just can't get over the disappointment of the Tour virtually BLOWING UP with positive tests. It makes me miss the dynasty of Lance where there was at least figurehead so omnipresent and charismatic that the labs wouldn't DARE report a positive test. Those were happy days for cycling fans, it was like believing that there really IS a Santa Claus.

Unknown said...

"Lied" ..... That's actually allegations that needs to be proven, before you judge the man. Rabobank was supporting Michael, until Prudhomme most likely more or less gave them an ultimatum in the likes of: "Kick Michael, or get your whole team uninvited for all eternity".

The thing about his whereabouts is: People believe a former rider who thinks he saw Michael in italy, wearing a big raincoat, cause it was actually (in his own words) raining ropes that day. Have you ever before met someone you are sure you saw before ?

Michael has done nothing what so ever that should earn him a ticket home from the tour (that we know of) - yet since the french thinks he's not a good ambassador for the race, they don't want him to win.

They earned mistrust to ANYONE wearing a yellow jersey in all future!!!

Angry Runner said...

I'll throw in the obligatory:

BARLOWORLD!!!

and I will now yield my idiocy to the floor.