Friday, July 27, 2007

To Ironman New Zeland or Not to Ironman New Zeland...

that is the question. Whether tis nobler in the mind to fly half way around the world for my first ironman experience or be as one in a pack of wildabeast trying to register for a closer event. To pack, to fly, to fly, and perchance to see an exotic land and have the bragging rights of a season. Aye, there's the rub. To show off a finisher's medal and a hardcore T-shirt throughout the season. To train through school and in winter's coldest grips. To take on a field of sexy Aussie women and perchance have a shot to date one. To spend a year's income tax refund on one isolated shot for Kona glory, and head into Eagleman a badass. So where do I stand do I fork over the fees, and continue to train when the most hardy of New Englanders stop? Do I spend and rack up enough frequent flier miles that American gives me my journey for free. I this confusing time I can not decide for if I commit by my creditors this sin shall be remebered.

1 comment:

Angry Runner said...

Holy shit! Here is my one snippet of wisdom:

You have your entire life ahead of you.

Holla.