Friday, June 6, 2008

Less than 24 hours...

before I leave and I still have so much to do. Got to shave....or in the words of Ken I will "crash and die most horribly." ( that and I want every little advantage I can get.), clean and wax The Bitch Stomper, get the final go, no go from Chrissy, try to get the car clean, maybe go for a quick ride or run, and try to get to bed early so I can get on the road early. Last night I went to the Y with full intent on paying my membership but the girl seemed a little more intent on talking to her friend on her cell about the basketball player with rock hard calves that came in before me...so I got in for free again.... I hit the pool and managed to get in 2800 yards. I got kicked out just as I was starting my last 200 on 2:50 ( it was 9:00 PM Closing time, that's what I get for showing up at 8:20) . (1000 swim warm up on 14:00, 5x 200pull on 3:00, 5x 200 Free on 2:50 did 4 ) I was holding between 2:35 and 2:40 so 1:17-1:20 pace. So it was a good night, I go into Sunday's race feeling confident. I've scoped out the competition, I should be one of the top swimmers, the bike it all depends on how flat this thing really is, I'm seeing 2:12 bike splits so if I can average 20 mph for the ride I have a shot at Kona. The Half marathon, I don't know what's in the water down there but last year's run splits were in the low 1:20's I'm just hoping I can get a big enough coushin on the swim to stay in the hunt on the bike, and pull the half marathon split of my life. Well back to the grind,

R.D.

5 comments:

Jodi said...

You do realize that a 20mph average is a 2:48 bike split, right?

iron-boyer said...

I know you can do better than 20mph. After you shave you will be flying :) Is that the first time shaving or did you do it in NZ as well? Good luck to you. I will be waiting for your results.

jonathan starlight said...

rock and roll, dude.

i'll get you an ugali recipe as soon as i find one.

iron-boyer said...

Congrats! Top 10!
57th out of the water...wish that was me. What happened on the run?

Cyber Stalker said...

Good luck,but most of all you have yourself a great time. That is what its really about.