Thursday, November 6, 2008

Arizona and New Zealand entries are due....

and at the moment I only have enough dinero for one. Upon the advice of friends and other athletes...Tempe has beaten out Taupo for the time being..most likely for 09... I mean I can hope they have open slots in January, but by that point booking a hotel is a hassle. So this has become triage in a way, Tempe sells out faster than IMNZ it's 12 months out, it doesn't require me freezing my ass off to prep for it... If by some miracle NZ doesn't sell out I'll go but The barren desert is looking like my most viable path to Kona..which is probably a good thing...after all in NZ I tended to get a little ADD ...people new surroundings..screaming fans...maybe some solititude, pissed off drivers and nothing but caucti to look at will get my ass moving a little faster on that damned bike leg...after all we americans are pissed off by nature that's just how we roll. I hated I tried to defend going to NZ for so long and now it most likely will not happen..but if it's meant to happen it will. all I know is my second(possibly 3rd) Ironman will be markedly differnet than my first. This time around I'm not going to sightsee and make friends I'm going for the sole purpose of kicking ass and may God help the poor son of a bitch that's in my way. Tempe, Arizona next November I'm going to crush you Barack Obama* style.
I have just awoken from a delerious dream...and now I have to settle down and look at the goals at hand...no relationships, no life..school, degree, work, train...BA by June 09 better job by December 09, Kona slot for October 2010..everything else doesn't matter. This is life, hopped up on ambition and fueled by rage..may god have mercy because I sure as hell won't!

Focused and driven
RD.



*President Barack Obama has not approved of this message.

5 comments:

Speed Racer said...

I don't think IMNZ has ever sold out in its history. Or if it has it only happened once, right before the race, and everyone was surprised.

(Barak Obama does not approve of you going to New Zealand :) )

Ironrav said...

Two very different events. Enjoy them! I'm seething with jealousy as I'd love to do IM NZ!I'm doing Switzerland myself next year.

Bob Almighty said...

Claire:
NZ has sold out once in its history the 20th anniversary back in 2003...this year is the 25th anniversary so I'm pretty sure it will be full up...although with the economy the way it is ...

Ironrav:
I did NZ last year if you have the coin highly reccomend it. I was hoping to do both NZ and Arizona this year but it looks like I'm only doing Arizona at the moment. Also I'm jealous one of my buddies did Switzerland 70.3 breath taking course, enjoy it.

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

Yes, Be Flexible. Really. You can train and then decide later. You ran Hartford and PR'd, and that was almost a last-minute decision.

And I vote for AZ, too. You did the NZ, so try AZ and stay a little closer to home and spend less time and money getting there. And winter training sucks, you know that. So schedule the smaller ones over the summer and head to Arizona later, after you've had months to train for Kona qualification.

Angry Runner said...

Women just get in the way...