Thursday, March 5, 2009

Less that 24 hours to go...

Well the nerves have settled mostly after reading my post from pre Hartford. I'm number 122 so if anyone has nothing to do at the office tomorrow afternoon feel free to log on to Ironman live and follow my progress, take bets on if my leg will survive, finishing time, number of Aussies that will beat me/I will beat, Kona slot....etc.

The bikes been checked in and the weather seems like it will be better than last year...just need to fill my special needs bags.
I should have photos posted up on Monday ( here so Sunday night for you guys in the US and A)

Bjoern I'll throw a couple of entries in for you...maybe we can get the Howe brothers here next year for a CCSU reunion.

Last night I sat down after the carbo and reminded myself that the race is the fun part...all the crap it takes to get here is hard...but those 9,10, 11 hours on race day are what it's all about.
Hopefully when the dust settles, the pain subsides and enough miles have gone by I'll have a slot to Kona...otherwise I'll just had another good race...tomorrow is all about finishing, erasing that bitter DNF that ended my 2008 tri season...It's another day at the office, a long brck if you will, granted I'm riding on the other side of the road and a bunch of people had the same idea.
Now it's off to meditate get myself away from the insanity for a few moments to breathe and relax ..to remind myself for a moment that triathlete means a person who does triathlon.

Ready for Ironman 2.0
R.D.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Good Luck!

Runner Leana said...

Best of luck!!

iron-boyer said...

Congratulations! Nice Race...with that result I am sure they will let you back in the US ;)
Enjoy the rest of your stay and have a safe trip home.

Speed Racer said...

Hurry up and update already!!! I want to know how it went!

Did you get a slot??

iron-boyer said...

still waiting for that race report of yours...it's been a while.

Charisa said...

Hope it went great!!

Speed Racer said...

Updateupdateupdateupdate. It's been almost 5 days. Sharpen up! I've been checking in every couple of hours for what feels like years!

Anniversary Moments said...

how'd it go? how'd it go? details...details....