Tuesday, December 18, 2007

I'm hardcore but not that hardcore...and spooty finals week!

This morning I set my alarm to wake up at 6am to try to get in a nice pre car pool run. The little "weather bug" weather alerts i have on my laptop showed the current temperature was 5 degrees...my eyes bugged out....I rubbed them refreshed the screen the temperature had been wrong it was warmer than 5 degrees...it was 6 degrees. I decided that that was a "tad bit too cold for me"....like ten degrees too cold for me.......and rolled back into bed. I will preform penance tonight with a two hour trainer session at Newington Bicycle followed by 3000 yards of swimming goodness. I live by two temperature cut offs, I will not bike in weather under 30 degrees, and I will not run if the temp dips below 15 degrees...it used to be 20 but I've manned up a little. my experience in bike in temps that dipped below 30 with wind chill was not good....ain't nothing to scare you like descending an 8% grade at 35 mph and the whole bike is shaking because you are shivering uncontrollably. And running...well despite a high tolerance to cold I don't want to have any hypothermia stories....so in essence I am waiting for the the afternoon and weekeds to run...this Saturday temps are supposed to be near 40 and it's going to be mostly clear...I might even break out Enrico up at Waramaug....but we'll see...I'm sure somewhere in the mid-west a storm system is brewing that will make Scott Haney screech with glee. also I have just foundout I will have to miss my sister's Christmas Concert because the Russian Computer Czar (aka my Professor) has scheduled my computer science final for December 20 @ 8:30 PM.....my sister's concert begins at 7:00 PM in Waterbury about a half hour away from Central.......curses! I'm really upset because this year they're playing at a real theatre.....not the school auditorium....and the jazz band Chrissy is a part of is the main act.....curse you Russian Computer Czar curse you!!!!( enter Rasputin ( from the movie with Alan Rickman not the animated crap.) style scream here.)

the Tormented Desk Serf
R.D.

( also to all my international readers...these temperatures are farenheight just so no one gets the impression I'm some snood from the tropics.)

3 comments:

triguyjt said...

you really are hardcore....dont know how you mix in the school work...papers and stuff....
best wishes in new zealand

rocketpants said...

I hope the weather works out for a bike for you this weekend and the crazy weatherman stops acting like another snow storm to end all snowstorms is on its way.

Bummer about Crazy prof's final. I hope you rock it.

Angry Runner said...

stop watching tv and just go look at the radar at weather.com...it's much more fun forecasting your own weather than it is to hear some mofo yell shit at you.