Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Rhode Island bound?

Well from the results of my little poll 50% of voters said I should go off and persue 70.3 glory and a World's slot in Providence, 1 voter said f that and just do the Patriot and 2 voters said I should perform the 3 tris in 3 states in 2 weeks tour of New England. Thankfully no voted that I should forget long distance and persue a sprint/international career. Seriously I've had 2 or 3 people saying I should hit the weight room and do explosive power sets, trade my long runs for track repeats, get diesel and focus on qualifying for London in 2012 and forget about anything over Olympic distance until I'm well into my 30's...ah but that is a rant for another day. As it looks I just need to wait until I have the $200 to sign up and I will have my slot secure to RI 70.3....The Patriot Half...I don't discourage anyone to do it...it's a great race and had they picked another weekend I'd sign up in a heart beat....as it is I might talk to some guys and try to get a relay for it but I think it's going to be a race I push off until 09...mainly because I don't want to get a severe case of road rage driving to the Cape. So in the end democracy works...and the people have spoken Bob-o's going to RI

No comments: