Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Back in the fast lane......

Well last night was the first day back to training since , well one small race in the Southern Hemisphere. I got in a nice 3000 yard workout from Stef "dominmatrix of the lane lines" Karas Splitting the lane with Cervelo chick (seriously this girl is going to be ITU champion in 2012, she's heading off to college in Cali to train. Plus when you're 17 and beating some of the regional elites in the sprints its a good sign.) It wasn't too hard of a night, granted doing it on only 3 hours sleep took its toll. the main set
3x100 on 1:30
200 kick
3x100 on 1:25
200 pull
3x100 on 1:25
200 kick
3x100 on 1:20

I managed to hold between 1:15 and 1:20 on all of them.
Last night I passed out at 11:00 woke up and went to bed at 11:30 woke up at 3:00 then was back to bed at 4:00 then up for the day at 7:00 altogether it it was the most normal my sleep pattern has been since I got back. I sent a couple of my New Zealand contacts emails, I thinked I talked poor Simon's ear off whan I was down there ( Sadly I tend to talk too much when I'm nervous. Normally I'm usually pretty quiet and try to keep to myself, because I know if I start talking I won't shut up. So Simon I apologize.)
Well not much is new here, classwork is piled up and now I have to get it done. I've got a book review and outline due on the 24th, a midterm due on the 25th, another book review on the 26th and a 12 page research paper to start from said outline. So in essence, my spring break won't really be much of a break, it'll be more of a ok I'm going to spend the time I normally spend in class doing work. I just got back from vacation and already I'm burned out with school work. So all in all I am truly back to the grind.

Would you like your burned out academic in orginal recipe or extra crispy.
R.D.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You should swim with us on Sunday!

Mr. Satan A. Chilles said...

Extra Crispy, please. Original Recipe is old news, you're an Ironman now.

I thought you were going to take a month off? I am not throwing stones at glass houses, believe me. do what feels right, I always say.