Sunday, May 31, 2009

Smoked

"You got beat by a Gur-url" - Speed Racer's comments to me last year after the Nutmeg State Half marathon.

Yesterday I got on the bike for the first time in two weeks for a 100k ride with Josie. I could go in to details about how I put my wheel on backwards ( hence no data.) and got totally annihilated on any upward incline. Long story short I think Josie is well within her goal of a sub 3 hour Half Ironman bike split. On the hillest sections of climbs she managed to open a good 5 to 10 minute lead on me. Seriously I haven't felt that tired on a bike since my last 100k ride. So this week since the weather is supposed to be good I'm going to run myself through a mini-bike camp. 20-30 miles everyday...weather permitting...missed rides accumalate with a 10 mile loop of the Griskus Sprint course tossed on as interest. I need to get serious and learn to fly on two wheels.

Trying to pry out his inner Lance.
R.D.

No comments: