Monday, July 30, 2007

Chinese food + Track workout in Watertown=GI distress.

Yes that'so right once again I have shown that I am willing to get a workout in at all costs. Tonight after my plans to run an easy 8 to 10miler were cut short by running errands I decided to to head up to fairly well lit Watertown Track and run a 10k. There are 3 downsides:
1) Watertown's track is not fully lit, hence I wasted gas when I could have just run a Wolcott High.
2) Watertown in an effort to keep from paving their track every two years does not like having people run in the inside landes , infact they close the inside lanes but the townies never seem to listen to that so I was the only doofus running in the outside lanes, killing my split times.
3) I decided to run after a dinner of greasy, msg saturated Chinese food. After 6400 meters (6.4k or 4 miles) I decided to call it quits because my stomach was in knots and I felt I was going to have hot fire spewing out of my ass, alla Cartman gets an anal probe. So that was my day. I still managed to get my 4 to 4.1 miles in in under 35 min. and tomorrow morning I will get my 8to 10 miler in before work just because I'm feeling fat and lazy.

Angry:About the half Century, we'll have to play it by ear. I am down for a 30 miler, I just don't want to over do it before Niantic.

Claire: I might take you up an that race in the Canaries if it's a Kona qualifier ( if I'm the only guy in it under 24 I'm going to Hawaii by default.), although New Zealand is not looking completely out of reach, granted biking in the brutal cold Connecticut Winter is going to suck.

Satan: That Hannibal Lector Chanti Latte story will always be the high water mark of creativity.

1 comment:

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Chinese food? That's a whole different kind of pain. I would have started walking after 1 lap and gone to the car after 2. You are badass.

http://www.ironmanlanzarote.com/
It is a Kona qualifier and never sells out. The youngin's have a pretty good chance of qualifying since there's hardly anyone under 25. Unfortunately for me, the race is a week after my 25th birthday. Tough luck.