Thursday, August 2, 2007

Ok Enough about New Zealand back to the tasks at Hand.

Alright my last 6 posts have been about the ongoing war between my mind, checkbook, and IM. New Zealand ( which I signed up for Last Night...the die is cast bitches, time to kick some Kiwi ass.) But now I come bck to cold hard reality. I still have 5 races on tap for this season, before I take a two week break and get my ass into Ironman shape.
The first is Sunday's Niantic Bay Tri....in which I Bob-o, Bob Almighty, Iron-Bob,Bobby D, come up with your own nickname , will take on the fast as all Hell relay of Angry Runner ( jumping into this race as the Angry Swimmer), Ralph, and Trainer. Since I've gained better bike handling skil-ilzs, I should better my pathetic 42 min. bike split from last year, and knowing that I am full capable of winning the swim leg, and I have a pretty dissel run am I too aragant to say that I could top 10?

The second is the infamous Nutmeg State Sprint Tri. If I can get the day off I will be going for blood and gatorade......yes that explains why I always compete with my signature red swedes. I would like to overall it, but I'm definately looking at a higher placing than in the Waramaug Sprint because I will actually warm up before hand and all that gravel is finally off the road.

Race 3 after a week of strictly training is the Park City Mossman, It's flat, its fast, the swim's a little choppy, so it will be a race to remeber. Also Angry is doing this as his first Olympic distance so I have to give a shout out.

Race 4 Will most likely be the Dave Parcells Madison Swim. I hope that it will be CenTri's big breakout into the college triathlon scene. Other wise it will just be a fun late season race.

Race5 Will be the Nutmeg State Half Iron. This will be my second half iron of the year and my last flat out tri before Ironman New Zealand. I am hoping to break 5 hours, but I will just be happy to beat my time from the Patriot Half. Bjoern will be doing this race as his first Half Iron ( shout out to the founder of Cen Tri) and a couple of the Cen Tri guys are looking at doing a relay. All in all it should be a good day for HEAT's collegiate development team.

I would like to add a 6th race to this year's schedule as part of my run prep for Taupo. I am considering doing the Greater Hartford Marathon or half as part of my flat out run phase. I will already have the base from training for the Halfs, and I'm just looking to finish. Also it will give Angry and I some time to Holla at the pure run chicks.

To answer some replies to my last blog:
Claire: Yes I am crazy, but as you said in one of your earlier comments when I concidered doing an IM you said "what you don't know can't hurt you." So yes am I crazy in trying to gain a Kona slot, yeah, but if I get it the payoff would be great.
Angry: I will not ask you for money. I will donate to the fine folks at TNT. And your cynical, smart ass and sarcastic coaching and cheerleading will be with me in spirit, coaching me clad in an under armor polo, shorts and clip board. I f I start seeing visions of this Obi-Wan Kenobi style during the run I know that I did not take in enough electriolytes.

1 comment:

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Wow. I said that? I'm wise!

I was watching Lord of the Rings last night and thinking of you. I even entertained some fantasies of running away to New Zealand myself one day, it's so pretty.

Experts would say not to do a full marathon before your ironman. That's what they say anyway.