Monday, July 30, 2007

I gots my new credit cards and they're sexy...and I think a girl might be jail baiting me.

well I finally got my AA* Advantage Mastercard in and I think I will christen it by buying new tires for my bike and a sexy Quantana Roo or Blue Seventy Wetsuit. Yesterday I proved that I can actually ride fast on wet pavement with out suffering a horendous and painful crash, as Angry Runner and I did 3 loops of scenic and soggy Lake Waramaug, (22 miles @ an average speed of 20.64 mph.)Followed by a modest 3.5 mile death march...I mean run. Lets face Angry Runner and I started out neck and neck and then I slowly let built up about a 300 meter lead, actually doubling back at one point on the run, but I can't lord this over Angry this was his first brick , and a painful one it was. So Angry here's a shoutout...You've done your first brick and survived this will be reapeated several times before Eagleman next year, but expect them to be longer. Also while up at we bumped into an aspiring 17 year old triathlete (whom I will call Cervelo Chick.) She was up there doing a swim accross the lake followed a run as she preps for USAT junior Nats. Now I met Cervelo Chick when she dusted women twice her age at the Lake Waramaug Tri, She also happens to lifeguard at the pool I normally train at and I've seen her around on the Sprint tri. Scene. Noramlly I'll share tidbits of trainning /college advice becuase hey I started tris at 17, I did college athletics ( shoutout to Fordham Drinking..I mean Swimming!), some of the vets gave me pointers I give first timers pointers it that's whole triathlon circle of life thing. Smething with this girl. now here in lies the trouble she and her mother asked for my phone number because she's prepping to race draft legal events ( and any time Angry and I ride anything flat we're drafting like we're a breakaway in Le Tour) and she would like someone to explain this whole concept to her. (ie: let her suck wheel so she can get a feel for it, so she can get used to having fresh legs for run leg. So next year she can enter U-23 and eventually ITU. come 2012 when she's a pro at this we'll be watching her duke it out in the London Games.) My only fear is I've been bumping into this girl alot in the past two months. I'm starting to get afriad she might be looking at me as more than a friend/advisor/potential Tri coach and more like her college level boy friend. Now if she were 18,19, or 20 especially the 19,or 20, I might not have such a problem with that. But the 5 year age gap between 17 and 22 is huge....On my side I'm winding down with college becoming a somewhat mature responsible adult male, and she's on the complete other end of the spectrum , going into college and getting ready to learn the life lessons you learn the first time you leave home ( ie do not sacrifice toliet paper for bud light, you're parents are actually right about alot of the drugs, alcohol, and tabacco shit :it is bad for you. If you are an Athlete you can get away with wearing PJs or Warmups to class, crap is really expensive when you have to buy it yoursef..etc.). Seriously if she shows up with lipstick and crap on I'm going to be keeping an eye out for Benson and Stabler ( because I don't want to be on the next episode of SVU), and calmly try to talk her down (like give me a call when you're 20 then the age gap isn't so large and you'll matured a little bit ) I mean she is an attractive girl but right now she's too damn young, ( this isn't like the 50's or some of the more traditional places in Europe where this kind of age gap isn't uncommon, but then age teen marriages were common.) So hopefully she only sees me as a wiser, older, mentor/friend/coach..and not as a potential prom date...Well enough with this blog I've got a run and a swim to get it. Leave some smack.
R.D.

*American Airlines advantage not Alcholics Anyomous Advantage were the card is canceled if you use it to buy beer. Yes Satan, I know you were thinking that.

1 comment:

Angry Runner said...

When does she turn 18? When she does, you should hit that...I mean...be a stable, male role model.