Sunday, July 29, 2007

Taps for Sunoco Masters....

Tomorrow at 9am will mark the last time (for the concievable future) that CCSU will play host to a master's swim practice. I remeber when I stumbled apon the program last September and after a pretty successful winter swim season and some ass kicking sets,and stroke refienement from Cassie, it will be hard to see the program go ( granted I haven't practiced there since week day practices ended in late June.) So tomorrow I will suit up fork over $4 and hop in to have Cassie kick my ass one last time,before she leaves to get a real job. Now will be the delimna in the fall when will they open the pool for rec-swim so I can get in valuable training time after a full day of work and classes. And also what will my lifeguarding hours be (so I can fianance a new bike and possible trip to New Zealand or the rest of my psychotic racing schedule. ) I have to say my expereince at Sunoco for the most part was good. I met a lot of guys from HEAT (Pat, Ralph, Cristiano) Katherine (the sexy french Canadian tri chick/cyclist), The Ironman and Ironwoman, Bob Cahill ( the fastest guy over 40), The world's toughest UPS guy, and the others who splashed in throughout the life of the program. To Cassie,Kristen and the others who did a extra hour and a half at the pool with us old farts thank you. Hopefully, there might be a chance to revive the program at a later date, if not it was a Hell of a ride.

2 comments:

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Masters is great. I miss it too (*sniff*).

The world's toughest UPS guy? That's quite a distinction, I worked for UPS once. It's FULL of tough guys!

Angry Runner said...

Who needs masters when Claire has soggy homos...come on now.

I am now the proud owner of a Barloworld (high end) Jeresey and matching Barloworld socks. Once they get here from the UK I'll be switching between the B-World for hilly rides and the Liquigas for flat terrain. Did we ever figure out what happened to that well rounded gal in the Discovery jersey and her dad/brother/husband/cousin/bf?