Saturday, August 4, 2007

Bike Pjorn:I think I'm crossing over to the dark ( cannondale/specialized) side...

Well as much as some of my Tour post have exclaimed I am a Giant fan boy, brought up on my knowledge of cycling by the venerable AL the all-knowing roadie/pro-mountain bike guru mechanic at the Bike Rack. But after browsing the net for prices and contact info ( still trying to get sponsorship. maybe I'll luck out and win that mountain bike at Waramaug and then I can sell it to finance my plane ticket and/or tri bike..hopefully mom and pop will get the real estate business and gift basket business up and running and I'll be making secondary income lifeguarding and delivering gift baskets (via bicycle gotta get that long ride in somehow.).)But upon looking at Cannondale's website I found their corporate base is in Bethel. This now has me pondering....maybe I'm Cannondale's type of masochistic, underdog psychopath.
Reasons for





A) I'm a local boy. (which might lead to more local sales.)
B) these guys sponsored Team Barloworld, a cycling team with a budget most other pro teams would laugh at, but they were driven as hell and walked away with a king of the mountain's jersey and two stage wins. Me I'm a semi-broke college triathlete driven as hell, and given the right tools I just might produce a bike split that'll turn some heads.

C) They're bikes are a little pricey but they're definitely cheaper than scott, litespeed, and issac, and can kick just as much ass. Also they're made with pride in the USA, and what could be better than an American kid competing in a foreign in race on an American bike.

D) Angry Runner standing saying "Do it. Go Cannondale!"

Specialized :





A) discount tri/ time trial bike. Their transition comp is going for about $1800, not bad considering everybody else's comparable model is in the close to $2000-$2500 range. http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCBkModel.jsp?spid=22295

B) I think it would be cool to star in one of those "I am Specialized" commercials.

C) It is the bike of choice of Katherine, the sexy Canadian cycle chick....


Kuota: ( but I dare not ask for sponsorship....actually I think I will what's the worst they can do say no.)





A) Two Words K-Factor and valuehttp://www.trisports.com/kuk10520.html:




Trizilla is offering a deal on the BMC TT TimeMachine3 only $1300.00http://www.trizilla.com/triathlon/pc/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=1454&idproduct=12088

Then there's Trek:

A) I get a discount from Newington Cycle because they are the official cycle shop of CenTri.

B) Time Trial Bike going for
$1800.00http://www2.trekbikes.com/bikes/bike.php?bikeid=1496000&f=5


C) I can wear a Team Discovery Jersey and not feel like I just 10 syringes of Testoterone in my butt .



Stick with Giant:

http://www.racycles.com/GiantTrinityAlliance1Bike-idv-6137-347.html


A) Price on the Alliance A1 just dropped to $1900.00


B) Al could probably get it to me a a better deal because these guys have been supplying me since I was rebuilding 10 speeds in High School

Oh the torment! Well Hope you enjoyed the bike Pjorn. Peace.

R.D.

3 comments:

No Wetsuit Girl said...

Does your credit limit have a death wish?

1970s Pugeot put me in the best shape of my life. Economical too. The only problem was that every 20 miles or so I had to stop and tighten a bolt on the gear shifters with a screw driver or they would automatically snap to the hardest gear and stay there. Other than that, and its 25lbs it was great. Go Euro!

Angry Runner said...

Shop around for deals on tri bikes...you can usually find something decent for a pretty good price. Something within me says not to get the C-Dale IM bike...idk what it is but i would def get a Six13 or a System Six for a road upgrade. FYRE

Unknown said...

I've learned 2 things about buying a bike... One, find a shop you can trust. Once you have a strong relationship the "deal" will fal into place a lot easier. The other is focus on the fit. All of these bikes are nice but if it's not fit properly it does you no good. The only catch... bike fitting is both an art and a science and you can get caught up in the details. So back to #1, find a shop you can trust! :) Good luck!!!