Friday, August 3, 2007

I'm Rick James, Bitch.....

My boss has given me August 11 off so I can have free reign at Lake Waramaug. It was sort of a roller coaster:
10:00am
Bossman:I don't think I can give you the eleventh off.
Me: ( while silently cussing in my head) Can I at least come in late. I won't be in later than 9:30.
Bossman: We'll see. It just that if you do something crazy like crash and break you hip, we're screwed.But you know what I'll get back to you on it.
Me: ( cursing co-worker who has taken 3 weeks off to go to Albania) ok.

3:30Pm
Me: Hey (bossman's first name), do you think I could talk to you about some of my PTO (paid time off. It's a Websterism.)
Bossman: Sure step into my office.
Me: Well I'm looking at doing Ironman New Zealand next March and I was wondering if I could cancel my PTO coming up in two weeks to use it then.
Bossman: Well you have 5 days carrying over already..but if you want to use them as a sick day cushion. You could. You just need to use 5 days before the end of the year.
Me: ( thinking of a strategic week to take off in October or November.) sounds good to me. About next Saturday any chance I can come in late.
Bossman: Actually I just got off the phone with (manager of the float tellers' first name.) We're getting a float next week so you have the day off.
Me: (in my head SWEET!) Thanks ( now begins a boring dialouge of how I'm looking for a better paying position ie PROMOTION, my boss revealing his plans of working for the samething, pretty much everything short of a happy hour invite.)

So yes next Saturday I will be doing the Nutmeg State Sprint Tri and I will finally get to meet the u famous New England ex-patriate No wet suit girl.
Well no I've got to get on the bike before heading out to celebrate my little brother's birthday.( He just turned 12, and I really hate this 10 year age gap. He's into Pokemon and Yugi oh and I'm into triathlon, cars and girls. Well it'll only be 2 more years before we're more on the same wavelength.) So that's it for now...I just had to exclaim that I AM THE RICK JAMES IN GETTING DAYS OFF FROM WORK....BITCH!
R.D.

No comments: